Google Duo Dwell Sharing is a collaborative effort from Google and Samsung to allow dynamic display screen sharing on Android telephones — just like Apple SharePlay. It is a easy option to share data whereas video calling with associates or family members, however it’s possible you’ll not know find out how to entry it. This is find out how to use Google Duo Dwell Sharing and which telephones and tablets help it.
use Google Duo’s Dwell Sharing characteristic
1. Earlier than you begin, make sure that your system helps Dwell Sharing. As of April 2022, the Samsung Galaxy S22 collection, Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 collection, and all Pixel telephones help Dwell Sharing. Allegedly, the characteristic will come to extra Android units by the top of 2022.
2. Open the Google Duo app.
3. Choose a contact to name; or, if you have no, faucet contained in the Search bar after which faucet the keypad icon to kind in an individual’s quantity.
4. Faucet the rightmost Name button to begin a video name.
5. As soon as related, whichever caller needs to share their display screen should faucet the ellipsis (three-dot) icon for Extra choices. Scroll right-to-left till you discover Dwell sharing and faucet it.
6. From the pop-up menu that seems, choose the supported app you need to share, or else choose Share now to share your display screen throughout apps.
7. Faucet Begin now.
8. Faucet the pause icon within the top-left nook and choose Begin display screen sharing. You may pause or cease display screen sharing from this similar menu.
How Google Duo Dwell Sharing works
Dwell Sharing at present helps only a few apps: YouTube, Jamboard, Google Maps, Samsung Gallery, and Samsung Notes, plus a normal display screen sharing instrument. You may attempt to use the latter to share unsupported apps, but it surely is not more likely to work; with Prime Video, for instance, we discovered the opposite caller may hear the audio however solely see a black display screen.
At current, Dwell Sharing actually shares a stay feed of 1 caller’s telephone. Which means if a Galaxy S22 proprietor shares a YouTube video to somebody on the Tab S8, it would doubtless look blurry and blown up as a result of the feed is being stretched to suit a bigger show. It is totally different from Apple SharePlay, which causes the shared app to open on all units so it runs natively and each viewer has entry to controls.
All in all, we discovered Google Duo Dwell Sharing to be considerably underbaked in our assessments, and we’re hoping Google will make some enhancements to the UI and convey the service to extra of the best Android phones.
However now that you understand how to make use of Google Duo Dwell Sharing, you’ll be able to hopefully make your lengthy video calls with family members just a little extra full of life!
Samsung Galaxy S22
In order for you a telephone able to utilizing Google Duo Dwell Sharing for extra action-packed video calls, the Galaxy S22 could also be your finest wager. It is inexpensive, packs a quick processor and stable cameras, and is ideal for individuals who desire one-handed searching.